From time-to-time we run other projects in addition to our main programme - some examples are listed below:
Covid-19 Inclusive Project
During the Covid-19 lockdown Shoot For Success operated virtual sessions including videos of the exercises that they would do if they were at the club. We also offered other activities such as bIngos, quizzes and visual interactions.
In conjunction with The Urban Fox Programme, we delivered equipment and activity packs weekly, including cooking, baking, arts and crafts, to keep in contact with the young people and their families.
Make It Happen
Make It Happen is a training course offered by basketballscotland. It provides:
- introduction to basketball - rules and skills
- basic coaching methods
- organising a game
We offer a volunteer training programme on:
- Emergency First Aid at Work &
Automated External Defibrillator (by RLSS)
- How to Coach Disabled People in Sport (by Sports Coach UK)
- Sign Language Training (Makaton)
Player Development Camps
Our Player Development Camps are activity days that run for 3 days during every school holiday (Easter, summer and October). Activities include:
- Basketball skill sessions
- Time Out Sessions (e.g. workshops on health and safety, crime, alcohol and drug misuse, healthy eating)
(Inclusive Section runs for 1 day)
Aye She Can
Aye She Can was an initiative from Glasgow Life to encourage more women into sport especially young girls.